As a working parent, packing for a vacation for one child, let alone three, is STRESSFUL. So I have included below my top 5 tips for packing for a vacation with children underfoot.
Read below on how I minimize the stress and manage to pack all three kiddos and ME in ONE suitcase!:
- Forgot something as you’re packing? Don’t panic. Try @target same-day delivery! I realized last minute that Teddy needed a rash guard. I did the @target same day delivery and I was surprised at how quickly it arrived!
- Utilize grocery delivery at your destination! 🛒 Almost all hotels and rental properties allow for deliveries. Our “go-to” is @instacart , which has saved us on many occasions! This also allows for more packing room since items such as bulky diapers take up too much space!
- Research washer/ dryer options. Many rental homes have them and some resorts/ hotels will have this option available too. Being able to clean clothes mid-vacation is KEY and helps to minimize the amount of clothes to pack! Did you know that most of the Disney resorts have laundry rooms? Credit and debit cards are accepted – and there’s even an option to receive a text when laundry is complete! 🙌🏻
- “The three toy limit.” Have each of your children choose 3 toys that they can bring. That way they have control over what they choose and it also prevents too many toys from sneaking into the suitcase. Do your kiddos like to play with bath toys? 🛀🏻 Here’s a tip: order some via your grocery delivery service since many of those services have small toys as an option and it would be a fun surprise!
- Have the comforts of home … without bringing them with you! One of the things that my children MUST have in order to sleep is a sound machine. 😴 Rather than bring a clunky sound machine with you, simply download a white noise app on your phone. Or, are you concerned that your toddlers might fall out of unfamiliar hotel beds? Upon arrival, ask for extra blankets and pillows! Once put under the fitted sheet, they make good travel bed rails for toddlers.
Save this post for future packing reference or better yet, share with a friend to help minimize his or her stress. ❤️ We’ve got this, parents!