Today is National Daughter’s Day! 💕 And I just simply wouldn’t be the person I am today without my two daughters: Lucy and Lottie.
To celebrate, here are the top 5 things that have surprised me the most about being a mom of two girls:
1. Just how much I would love seeing Chris as a dad of little ladies!
2. How fiercely protective I am of them, especially on topics of weight and appearance. Whenever they are weighed, we talk about how “strong” they are. And we have taught Lucy to embrace the large birthmark on her knee, talking about how everyone has little birthmarks or things on their body that make them unique and special.
3. The amount of times my parents say “there is a God”, jokingly referencing how my apparent childhood dramatics have been passed onto my daughters 🙄😬🤦🏼♀️
4. As soon as their personalities began to emerge and the more they talk, I continue to be shocked at JUST how much of “me” is present in those little souls. They may look like Chris doppelgängers, but Lucy especially has most of my mannerisms. 🤷🏼♀️
5. How much I would think of my mom multiple times on a daily basis. ❤️ Wondering just how she did it and if she felt the same way during all of the wonderful, exhausting moments and milestones. Life gets so busy and I don’t always have the chance in the moment to ask her! She should write a survival memoir. All parents should!
Gratitude today for my strong-willed daughters who I have every confidence will show the world kindness and strength while both helping others and shattering glass. Mama loves you!